Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Again!

I am so glad that I dont get sick at the sight of massive amounts of blood. So Sunday night Haleys nose started bleeding again, definitely the worst one since the cauterization last year. I hate it. You cannot just pinch it because it is bleeding in the back so pinching just pools the blood to go down her throat with the rest of the blood and out her tear ducts. She sits with her head over the toilet and we wait. I started making plugs out of toilet paper, she was filling those up every 30 seconds.
She was not in the mood to sit quietly. It was a challenge to not get upset with her spinning around and playing. At the same time we cant be flinging blood around the bathroom. Nick and I had his parents come and get Ashley just incase we had to go to the hospital. Which was a difficult decision, we decided if she became pale and lethargic we would go in. She never did. It lasted about 2 hours and she never threw up. Had we gone to the hospital the only thing they would have done was nothing or cauterized it again.
So that night we put her to bed and we told her she wasnt going to wear her oxygen because we didnt want to mess with her nose. She was worried about not having it. I told her it was fine for tonight. She started holding back tears telling me she was scared she wasnt going to wake up. It really sucks to have to look into your 6 year olds eyes and see that worry. So we sat down and talked about why she wears oxygen when she sleeps. She is not so scared of dying, she understands Jesus will be there and she will be safe with Him. She is more scared of leaving us. I really dont enjoy the fact that she has to worry about that. So we got out the trusty ole mask, she chose to wear that. She slept great that night, there havent been any bleeding since then.
I just pray it doesnt happen at school or church! I guess I will have to put the box of tissues back in my purse. :-)
Oh through this I was texting her cardiologist to see what he thought. He was pretty much with us on how to handle it. Im so glad I have him as a resource!

No comments:

Post a Comment